July 27 2018
Find a Big Latch On near you!
World Breastfeeding Week is August 1st-7th. It is highlighted by a wonderful event called the Big Latch On. This is a registered event that brings the community together to support and encourage breastfeeding.
- Provide support for communities to identify and grow opportunities to provide on-going breastfeeding support and promotion in local communities.
- Raise awareness of breastfeeding support and knowledge available locally and globally.
- Help communities positively support breastfeeding in public places.
- Make breastfeeding as normal part of day-to-day life at a local community level.
- Increase support for people who breastfeed – they are supported by their partners, family and their communities.
- Ensure communities have the resources to advocate for coordinated appropriate and accessible breastfeeding support services.
For many years now, Momzelle has been involved with the Big Latch On organization in a variety of different ways . This year we have provided over 50 locations with a gift card to our website for a raffle prize. The raffle is used to raise funds and encourage attendance.
I attended a Big Latch On event when I was nursing my first child and it was really fun. There is such support and inspiration when you find yourself in a room with a bunch of breastfeeding women. Find a location near your here!